Thursday, November 4, 2010

I Never Wanted To Be A Princess

On October 23rd at Martini Red, I performed David Bowie's classics and graced the stage as Ziggy Stardust's illegitimate half alien-half human daughter, Therina Stardust. 

As a child I was obsessed with David Bowie and Freddie Mercury. (You can imagine my parent's concern while other elementary school kids listened to New Kids On The Block and I was singing, "Fat Bottomed Girls".) 

I had to go to Sephora to buy the makeup. Holy Glitter Mascara- that store is awesome! Believe it or not, I don't wear makeup that much. Only when I do shows or go to special events. Every day life- I MIGHT put on lipstick. MIGHT. I usually buy my makeup at Walgreens and I honestly never set foot in a Sephora before. I can see how so many people spend tons of cash in that place. A pink eyeshadow and a blue eyeshadow rang up to: $50! 

The results= Priceless!

My dear friend and make up artist, Chrissy Stanley helped me out with the lightening bolt. (FYI: I'm too near sighted and spastic to do my own complicated eye makeup.) Chrissy is used to doing formal events (weddings) not glam rock circa 1972 events but she did a fantastic job! 

Although, I don't know why more brides don't dress as David Bowie. I would totally walk down the aisle dressed like this:

The show was great. I was backed by the wonderful Spider Proxies, LTD.

The background projection images were provided by the artistic eyes at Mettacreative. I got to live out my childhood fantasy of BEING David Bowie for a night. Which is an odd childhood fantasy for most little girls who dream of being princesses. I used to dream of being a pseudo-drag queen. Hmmmm.... 

Here's a little snippet of the show:

That night I went to sleep in a bed full of glitter. 

<3,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment